Wednesday was another terrible day of Game Picking. This April is killing me. I’m ready to throw in the towel, to be honest. I know, at least, that it can’t get much worse and can only get better from here. But, at this point, throwing a dart at a dartboard would be more effective than I have been to this point.
Thursday is a short schedule, so let’s take a brief look:
- The Royals over the Twins: The Royals finally lost yesterday and I knew sooner or later it had to happen. But now that we have that out of the way, I can concentrate on the match-ups and what should happen. While Tommy Milone won his first outing and was one of the few early Twins bright spots, I still think the Royals will win even if Jason Vargas doesn’t have a great day.
- The Brewers over the Cardinals: Mike Fiers was awful in his first start and that is hard to jive with what he did last year once he got in the rotation. This pick looks for him to bounce back against the Cardinals and for John Lackey to have a spitting bad day.
- The Nationals over the Phillies: Cole Hamels is still with the Phillies and as such, always has a chance to throw a gem. If Doug Fister is his usual self, he should limit any Phillies damage with a lot of ground balls and strikes.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: The Rays have held their own this series and have a pretty good start to their season considering who they lost and what they have left. Chris Archer is certainly capable of pitching well. Aaron Sanchez got beat up badly in his first start. I’m banking on him settling down and pitching well today.
- The Marlins over the Mets: The Mets have started well and the Fish have been disappointing. The difference today for me is Jarred Cosart who really is a bulldog. Dillon Gee, on the other hand, has been lost for quite a while.
And the Pick of the Day:
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Archie Bradley has already beaten Clayton Kershaw and today attempts to take down Madison Bumgarner. How about those two opponents in his first two starts! I still don’t trust Bradley’s command and the Giants should eek out a win.
Yesterday: 6-9, Season: 61-72, Picks of the Day: 3-7 Terrible…