Yesterday was a very good day when almost everything went right except the Game of the Day. The Tigers are a very confusing team. Then again, they always have been. They never seem to win as many games as their talent level and that has been true for years. But then just when you expect them to lose, they win. But anyway, it was a good day.
There are nine games on the schedule. They should go thusly:
- The Braves over the Phillies: This game features two fairly warm teams and two pitchers I have never been comfortable picking in Roberto Hernandez and Ervin Santana. I will go with the Braves based on Santana’s first performance of the season.
- The Orioles and the Rays: I have no idea which team will win this one. Wei-Yin Chen has been so so and Chris Archer can be great at times. But the O’s are at home so I will go with them.
- The Reds over the Pirates: Wandy Rodriguez looks really flat this season and I don’t know if he will offer the Pirates anything this year. Homer Bailey is much better than he has pitched thus far.
- The Nationals over the Marlins: Boy has Jordan Zimmermann been disappointing thus far this season. What is up with him? I have to pick him over the Marlins and Brad Hand should only be good for five innings if that.
- The Mariners over the Rangers: I would love for Colby Lewis to have a very good comeback. But am I going to risk a pick that will happen? No. Instead I will go with Roenis Elias to keep the Rangers’ bats cold. Robinson Cano will hit his first homer in this series.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: I am picking way too many visiting teams to win today. I hate that. Among all the great things happening so far for the Brewers, Matt Garza has been the hard luck guy. He has pitched well and has nothing to show for it. Today, Lance Lynn will out pitch him and end the Brewers win streak.
- The Mets over the Diamondbacks: Here I go again with the visiting team. Josh Collmenter has never been reliable as a starter. And Zack Wheeler is going to put it all together one of these days.
- The Angels over the Athletics: The Angels are starting to kill the ball and Hector Santiago is a lot better than he has shown thus far. Jesse Chavez has pitched really well though and has not had any run support.
- The Padres over the Rockies: Jordan Lyles is 2-0. That is surprising. Will he win today? Maybe. But I am going with Eric Stults to pitch better than he has so far this year with a little home cooking.
Yesterday: 11-4, Games of the Day: 6-5, Season: 109-76